Youth Beatz site is flat farmland covered in grass with the site separated by gravel roadways and pathways.
Access may prove difficult to negotiate in some areas of the park should there be adverse wet weather.
For the 2023 event, we have the following measures in place to ensure the event is accessible to all:
- A viewing platform with a stewarded accessible toilet is located to the right in the main stage arena.
- A second entrance and exit into the site from the Youth Beatz Carpark for Group Bookings and Blue Badge Holders. The introduction of the second entrance will ensure easier access to/from the site.
- Non-stewarded accessible toilets are located throughout the site.
- We’re bringing a Mobile Changing Places toilet to Youth Beatz. Previously, people with complex needs may have been limited in their participation at the event due to the lack of appropriate toilets. This provides specialist equipment and additional space and should make Youth Beatz 2023 an event for anyone.
- We welcome assistance animals onto the site. There will be an area provided for toileting and drinking.
- A ‘quiet zone’ will be created on site. This will be in the form of a tented area with soft seating and will allow attendees to get away from noise and business of the rest of the site. The area will be located at the furthest point from the stages and fairground and will be staffed by Youth Work staff at all times.
- There will be general warning signs around the Main Arena if strobe lighting will be used. Due to the nature of the artists, it is likely that strobe lighting will be used throughout the performances. There will not be a warning immediately before a period of strobe lighting.
- There will be a First Aid and Welfare tent located in the Main Arena that will be easily visible. There will also be Medics and First Aiders on patrol around the event.
- There will be no fireworks at the event, although some stage pyrotechnics may be used.